Dining Room Reopening, July 1, 2020
What a long, strange trip this has been. We closed our doors to the public in the middle of March because we didn’t know enough about Covid-19 to feel like we could serve guests safely and protect our staff. We waited two months to offer takeout so that we could take the necessary steps to retrofit our space and educate ourselves so that we could do that safely as well. Over the past month that we have been doing takeout and remembering how great it is to serve our guests again and we have been preparing for the moment when we would be allowed to host you back within our doors. As of Monday, June 22, the Governor has allowed us to enter Phase 2.5 of reopening, which means that we can let limited numbers of guests back inside.
We know that this is a sensitive topic and you might either be excited by the news or you might be nervous about the entire idea. We understand that and we want to do everything we can to make you feel comfortable when you decide to join us indoors.
Here are some things that you can expect when you come back to Puritan and Company:
- We will be reservation only to ensure that we know who is dining with us and exactly when they are dining with us
- All tables have been spaced at least 6 feet away from each other
- We have installed glass and semi-permanent partitions to make every table as privatized as possible
- Our staff will all be in masks, their temperature is taken every day before the shift, and each member will be screened with a questionnaire before being allowed to work
- We will ask all guests to wear a mask everywhere in our restaurant except for when seated with their party
- We will offer you ways to pre/post pay without being required to physically hand us payment
- We will offer 2 seatings per night and the entire restaurant will be sanitized between seatings
We also want you to know that if none of this sounds comfortable to you, that's okay. This is affecting everyone so differently and as hospitality professionals, it is our job to make you feel safe and taken care of. If you would prefer to order takeout, our menu will be available just as it has been for the past five weeks and we will continue to offer takeout for the foreseeable future. If you would like us to treat you to our special brand of hospitality at home, we will also be offering catering services for drop off or socially distanced experiences at your home. Please email for more details.
Our doors will open July 1, reservations will be available starting June 27th. We feel comfortable that we know enough to serve you safely and we look forward to seeing you back with us when you are ready.
Will Gilson & the entire Puritan & Company team